Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Doing Right

“and they all did what was right in their own eyes”

It is an interesting thing to watch the Christians in America today. They all seem to have an opinion. All their opinions differ and they all do what is right in their own eyes. There is no concern of doing what is right in the eyes of JESUS. There is no concern about following the teachings of JESUS. While some try to do what JESUS said to do, they do not even try to do it the way HE said to do it. There is more done in the name of JESUS that JESUS never said to do, then there is done in HIS name that HE actually said to do. There are more Christians doing what is right in their own eyes then there are doing what is written in the Bible.

Christians reject the teachings and cause of JESUS outright and completely, while condemning Christians for being apostate. Christians go to court against Christians in order to force their morality on the nation, against the teachings of JESUS. They use the weapons of the world to fight against sinners and reject the weapons of our warfare which are not of the world.

The founding fathers of America knew their Bible well enough to know that government wasn't supposed to be run by the Christian church. They knew that eh power of the Christian church wasn't in government and courts. They knew that only by following the teachings and ways of JESUS could morality and holiness be seen in the world. They had seen what happens when the Christian church becomes part of government and they crafted a document to ensure that could never happen here.
Now, Christians try to use the government to fight against sinners. This is not only a tactic not found in the teachings of JESUS, it is a tactic that is contrary to the teachings of JESUS. It is a tactic that undermines the true power of the Christian church. It is a tactic that empowers si and sinners.

Even worse, these same Christians are also trying to use the government to battle against other Christians. They label these other Christians as apostate. Yet, their very actions of doing things in the name of JESUS that JESUS never said to do is the greater sin and apostasy. Remove the beam from your own eye and you can see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

There is room in America for everyone to live in peace. Christians are called to be peacemakers. Yet, everyone wants to demand their own way and the is no peace. Christians are tearing at the fabric of peace exactly the same way as all the others. They do what is right in their own eyes and abandon the teachings of JESUS.

Ezekiel 2
And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.
2:2. And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me.
2:3. And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day.
2:4. For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD.
2:5. And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them.
2:6. And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.
2:7. And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious.
2:8. But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee.



So I will do this to the end of my days. I live in frustration with my Christian brothers and sisters, knowing that it means I live in frustration with my GOD. So, I cast off my frustration and I acknowledge that you, O LORD, are still sovereign in the heavens and the affairs of men. You will allow them repentance or you will not. You will give them ears to hear and eyes to see, or you will not. In the end, I have rad the book. I know how it ends. Your will is done. I am yours to command.

No comments:

Post a Comment