America is in trouble. That is a given. Spiritual sickness is the reason. JESUS is the cure.
When dealing with those who can only see the physical issues, here is where we are:
- People recognize that one of the main reasons for our loss of manufacturing jobs is the cost of labor. Yet, some want to raise the minimum wage. Raising the minimum wage would likely reduce buying power, but that is something that doesn't seem to matter. At the same time, these same people don't want us to raise tariffs or taxes on imports from countries that use slave labor. So, Americans want stuff made by countries that use slave labor while demanding raises in wages that are the reason we can't compete with the countries that use slave labor.
- People also see that we suffer a loss of corporate and private money to overseas banks because of high corporate, and individual taxes. Yet, people do not want to make it more attractive to keep that money in America.
- Our tax system is a mess. A good tax system would be a flat tax. But, the disparity in incomes, the fact that the rich pay all the taxes in America, makes creating a good tax system nearly impossible. Others want a consumption (Fair) tax. The problems with that are manifold.
- We have a ton of good middle class people who want the government to provide healthcare for everyone. But, when a new tax comes along and asks them to pay for it, it is somehow a tax break for the rich.
- We have people who are fixated on the income disparity. But, income equality results in everyone being equally poor and really ends prosperity and growth. Raising minimum wage just raises inflation. Socialism just results in income disparity as well. Everyone is equally poor except the elitists.
- A third of the population is on some form of government program. The other 2/3 are funding the rest of the country, and them.
- 4.5% of the population pays 72% of taxes paid at an effective rate of 24%. Yet, the other tax payers say they don't pay enough. The only thing I see as a problem with income disparity is this. How do you put a tax plan together that is actually fair?
- Then there is healthcare. The government writes checks. Hospitals can charge $100 for an aspirin because the government makes it possible by undoing fair market, free market competition.
This is the insanity of what our legislators have to wade through. Half want to dump the constitution and have government take over everything. The other half want to hold tight to the constitution and keep America as close to what it was founded to be as possible. I am one of the second half. I love this country and I am amazed by the constitution. I love free market competition. I accept that fallen men in a fallen world will be greedy and selfish. That is going to get worse with greater spiritual sickness.
We have dictator wannabes. We need leaders. We use elections to win arguments. We need unification. We need a population with a commitment to take care of themselves, to work hard and take care of family, and not expect the government to cover them.
We have media with no commitment to truth. We have supplies of news from all directions and none of it is reliable. We have universities indoctrinating people into a belief system, and not teaching them to think. It is Marxism at it's worst. Communism isn't far behind and one of our political parties has embraced every socialist, communist, and anti-American group in America.